Established in 1927 Bothwell-Accurate has enjoyed over 90 years of success. Our team of over 100 professionals have been delivering exceptional service; completing projects in New/ Re-Roofing, Waterproofing and Architectural Metal. Join one of Canada’s oldest, most reputable construction companies!
Our team have completed more than 100,000 projects and counting. Our clients range from: Renowned General Contractors, Sports Arenas, Universities, Commercial Building, Residential High rise and Institutional Facilities across Ontario and British Columbia.
It’s time to grow with us and begin your story!
Corporate Health and Safety Manager is responsible for the instruction, implementation, enforcement and management of the Health and Safety policies of the company through advising and educating all Employees. The chosen candidate will be responsible for supporting the Ontario region, which includes job sites in the GTA and surrounding areas. Frequent travel will be required.
- Manage the safety requirements of operational construction sites and equipment
- Conduct safety evaluations of project sites using documentation and standardized processes
- Identifying potential risks and safety hazards during a project through involvement throughout the job life cycle.
- Performing accident and incident investigations as per the company’s health and safety programs
- Maintain a conducive working relationship with all employees through education and giving practical on site application options
- Participate in the development and implementation of safety training programs
- Conducting new worker safety orientations and other required training programs as needed
- Report writing and maintaining of all required documentation
- Frequent visits to job sites in the GTA and surrounding areas.
- Create and implement workplace health and safety plans and procedures
- Investigate accidents and incidents to find cause and take prevention measures for further incidents and handle worker's compensation claims in the event of a workplace accident
- Maintaining safety related paperwork
- Maintaining safety training certifications
- Work closely with Senior Management and Head of Health & Safety to ensure implementation and continuous improvement of safety, health and loss control processes and systems within the assigned regional areas.
- Writing reports and responding to inquiries and concerns
- Staying up-to-date on relevant health and safety developments
- Working with management to develop screening protocols
- Suggest solutions, improvements, and prevention steps for safety issues
- Formal education and/or training in Environmental/Occupational Health and Safety, NCSO or equivalent experience
- Certified in risk management and health/safety management
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience in a safety role within a construction environment
- Experience working in the construction industry, specifically dealing with Building envelope is considered an asset
- Experience with WSIB and injury management an asset
- Knowledge of the COR process is considered a strong asset
- Good knowledge of Working at Heights legislation
- Knowledge and practical experience in accident investigation
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Computer literate in Windows applications; Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to recognize when safety conditions need improvement
- Ability to prioritize tasks especially when handling an accident or incident
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Team attitude with a willingness to learn
- Valid driver’s license required
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- DCS / DEC (required)
- Occupational Health and Safety, NCSO or equivalent: 3 years (required)
- Formal education and/or training in Environmental: 3 years (required)
- WSIB and injury management: 3 years (required)
- COR process: 3 years (required)
- Construction: 3 years (preferred)
- Drivers License (required)