Our doors are open – to you. We are one of the Top 3 companies in our industry and globally leading in smart and secure access solutions. As a trusted partner, we stand for innovation, top performance and a fulfilling workplace. Join our team of 15,000 colleagues around the world and help us build trust every day.
Continuous Improvement ManagerMontreal, CA, QC H4P 2G7 Sep 19, 2022
dormakaba: ranked in the top 100 global tech leaders by Thomson Reuters!
The dormakaba Group is one of the top three companies in the global market for access and security solutions. The company is a single source provider of products, solutions and services related to doors and secure access to buildings and rooms. No matter where you are, if you need reliable and innovative access and security solutions, we will provide you high quality service – in hotels, shops, sports facilities, airports, hospitals, at home or in the office. Around the globe.
With over 16,000 employees worldwide (over 500 in Montreal), dormakaba is present in over 130 countries and has more than 150 years of experience. The dormakaba Group is headquartered in Rümlang, Switzerland, and generates annual revenues of over 3 billion dollars CAD.
dormakaba offers you a career not a job. Join us now and make a real difference in creating the next generation of products and services. Visit our website www.dormakaba.com
Reporting directly to the Plant Manager - Montreal Operations, the Project Manager, Lean & Footprint Optimization is responsible for overseeing significant transformations projects that can impact multiple business functions and processes. The first project will be the costing of various scenarios for Montreal campus upgrades and changes, affecting most groups working in the facility. Once a final solution is agreed, this position will execute the project, again working will all impacting organizations. A significant repositioning of the manufacturing operations for improved material flow will likely be required. Thereafter, the Project Manager will be responsible for ongoing projects providing continued improvements for Lean manufacturing and process replication in other regions for this global business.
This position supports the execution of the business plans to drive our overall business growth and manufacturing excellence. This role will lead the organization, reporting and execution of major strategic programs in areas of manufacturing operations and facilities improvement, also interacting across various functional teams spanning Engineering, Operations, Quality, Supply Chain, Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Finance, IT and Legal. This person will be accountable to senior business executives for the project performance to budget, schedule and deliverable quality.
- Developing clear, detailed, cross-functional and attainable project plans with well-defined tasks and ownership ensuring that the projects remain on the specified timeline and within specified budgets
- Daily oversight of the project activities by internal and external contributors, with constant project status tracking of key project metrics to ensure the program goals are met
- Continually seek to identify risks to the plan’s execution and develop mitigation strategies to maintain the project on track
- Communicate with project stakeholders, clearly expressing requirements and expectations, and identifying gaps that need to be resolved
- Maintaining the associated project reporting, including budgets, schedules and milestones, assuring transparency on progress and risk
- The work location is to be primarily from our Montreal location, although there will be some flexibility allowing for occasional work from home if desirable.
- Experience in manufacturing of electronic assemblies such as PCBAs, and of electronic devices with a significant mechanical aspect. Commercial or Residential Door lockset and hardware design and processing a plus
- Skills and experience with personal computers and applications including E-mail, personal scheduling, word processing, electronic spreadsheets and power point
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Project required
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead others in team settings and on an individual basis
- Ability to take the initiative to research, make decisions, follow through on and accomplish multiple tasks with a sense of vision, detail, commitment, priority and urgency required
- Ability to manage and report risk is required
- Ability to solve complex problems is required
- Ability to manage and lead those not directly reporting to you
- Autonomous, able to work remotely from his supervisor
- Willing to get involved in specific tasks and objectives, remove roadblocks and be seen as a contributing member of the team
- Strong written & verbal skills in English is a must, strong verbal skills in French is desirable
- Ability to travel to the US is essential – expected to be infrequent, typically for 3-4 day trips approximately 5-10 times a year.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering is preferred, with formal project management training required (PMP or equivalent)
- A minimum of 7 years of manufacturing operations project management experience is required
- Several project experience in construction management
- Lean qualifications (e.g. Lean Master and or Black Belt in Six Sigma) a definite asset
- Experience in electronics or electro-mechanical products assembly a definite asset.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to synthesize complex topics into easy-to-follow texts and presentations, identifying the risks and key decisions required
- Ability to negotiate for a positive outcome across a variety of relationships (colleagues, contractors, vendors, public officials, etc.)
- Demonstrate the above skills in English (essential) and French (preferred)
- Highly detail oriented and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain composure at all times
- A solid business financial acumen
- Time flexibility—willingness to flex hours as necessary to keep projects on schedule.
- A fast-growing international company
- A stimulating, fast and friendly work environment
- An opportunity to highly contribute to the success of the company
- Competitive global compensation
- Free parking and on-site cafeteria
- A 3-minute walk from Namur metro station.