Job descriptionPerks & Benefits We give you the tools to propel your career As a premier partner to private sector, municipal, and government clients throughout Vancouver Island, you will be part of a dynamic, challenging environment that gives you the opportunity to work on a variety of interesting, diverse projects, learn new, emerging technologies, and enrich your knowledge and skills in the field. We celebrate your hard work and achievements At Newcastle Engineering, our people are at the heart of everything we do. We value your ideas, creativity and ambitions and offer our team members competitive salaries, professional development opportunities, and perks that acknowledge your hard work. We care about your health and wellness We offer an excellent benefits package, with medical, vision and dental plans, life insurance, disability and accident coverage. We also recognize the need for flexibility and offer paid time off for work, family and personal needs.
Do you love designing things? At Newcastle Engineering we have been bringing together capable and passionate people to deliver the highest level of design and engineering work to our clients for almost three decades. We love the challenge of turning complex projects into simple solutions and are focused on land development, municipal infrastructure, and construction projects.
As our business continues to grow so does our need for great designers. We’re looking for a Designer II to join our team! Your primary role will be to create detailed design drawings using AutoCAD and Civil 3D. We serve many clients so there will be numerous opportunities to solve different and challenging design problems.
You bring a hard-working attitude and an eye for quality. You’re the type of person who is meticulous in everything you do and is driven to achieve the goals you set for yourself. You’ll fit in because you enjoy working as a team and believe that working together is the best way to get a better result.
You may have years of experience or may just be starting out. Either way, if you’re ready to start a career with a firm that current employees say “feels like home”, we want to hear from you.Our Ideal Candidate
- Post-secondary diploma in drafting, design, or a relevant field.
- Equivalent experience in the industry is also considered.
- Experience using AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Construction or inspection experience is an asset.
- Provide CAD support for projects from preliminary design concept to final record drawing preparation
- Work alongside project engineers to create design drawing packages for land development, municipal infrastructure, and site serving projects.
- Base plan creation using topographical survey data in combination with information received from outside sources.
- Preparation of quantity take-offs, site grading, and volume calculations.