At Lowe’s Canada, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service some 450 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family—one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey—we could be perfect for each other.
Reporting to the Category Director, the Category Manager, Merchandising is responsible of managing a strategic product portfolio in all banners. This includes selecting vendors and products, in addition to strategic negotiation. Acts as the subject matter expert and supports business units in reaching common company goals.
- Develop category strategies
- Select products according to each banner’s category strategy
- Select suppliers according to consumer needs and negotiate related agreements
- Determine retail prices in compliance with the company’s overall strategy
- Participate in the development of sales budgets, margins, and stock for the different banners
- Select products that will appear in the flyer and ensure the follow-up of surpluses, if applicable
- Analyze the performance of categories under their responsibility on a daily basis and implement action plans accordingly
- Constantly analyze trends for categories under their responsibility and ensure that new products are quickly and efficiently introduced
- Help develop budgets and supplier revenues and ensure a follow-up
- Participate in the development of monthly merchandising directives for stores
- Negotiate optimal buying conditions with suppliers according to the specific needs of each banner
- Ensure the clear and comprehensive communication of merchandising plans and, more specifically, actions to take for listed and delisted products
- Participate in the development of planograms
- Ensure the absolute integrity of the multi-cost structure
- Negotiate the best purchase agreements with suppliers and search for the best potential in terms of sales, value, quality, and profitability while ensuring alignment with the company’s culture
- Ensure inventory management
- Optimize the distributor and retailer profit margin
- Manage staff from the business unit under their responsibility
The qualifications we are looking for
- University degree related to the position
- 5 to 8 years of experience in retail and/or negotiation
- Good knowledge of products from the target category (an asset)
- Spoken and written bilingualism (French and English)
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Customer-oriented approach
- Analytical skills
- Creativity and innovation
- Ability to work in a changing environment and under pressure
- Ability to meet deadlines
Your benefits of working for Lowe’s Canada:
By joining the Lowe’s Canada family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- A fitness centre, sports activities, and showers
- A childcare centre that can accommodate up to 78 children
- A cafeteria with a delicious menu prepared by a dedicated chef, healthy options, as well as FARO Roasting Houses and Tim Hortons coffee stations
- Exclusive employee discounts, plus a 10% discount on store merchandise (at all Lowe’s Canada locations)
- Benefits: retirement savings plan, annual bonuses, stock purchase plan, student incentive program, etc.
- Flexible hours and remote working
- Electric car charging stations
- Career growth opportunities within the company
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- And much more!
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. Lowe’s Canada is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.