Job descriptionJob Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
A career in gaming is highly rewarding, fast-paced, and always exciting. Say goodbye to the hum-drum of the cubicle and say hello to a career that offers unlimited growth in an industry-leading Casino. The Casino Shift Manager is critical to the flow of the operations and the success of the team. While you work hard at maintaining our high standards in service excellence, we provide you with an exceptional benefits package and a competitive salary at a national company with more than 27 locations throughout Canada.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Assist in the development of the strategic plan and direct the ongoing operations of table games.
- Develop, implement, and oversee guest services, games, and revenue growth.
- Guide team development and training programs.
- Establish methods, procedures, and guidelines to maintain high standards.
- Maintain vendor relationships, negotiates the purchase of table games equipment, and implementation of new games.
- Manage team members, including hiring, training and developing employees.
- Model regulatory, departmental, and company policies and procedures.
- Perform all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
What You Bring
- Two years of experience in a management role.
- Leadership experience in the hospitality, customer service, or food and beverage industry preferred.
- Post-secondary education in business, commerce, hospitality, or related field.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven managerial, problem solving, and critical thinking skills with the ability to exercise independent judgment within established policies.
- Ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions in stressful situations with co-workers, guests, and vendors.
- Adept at Microsoft Office applications.
- A willingness to work reasonable overtime as required.
Why Work With Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it?s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (?Gateway?) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.