Job descriptionJob Type:
Who We Are Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming companies in Canada. Operating in British Columbia, Edmonton and Ontario, Gateway has over 6,000 employees and operates 25 gaming properties with more than 280 tables, over 9,600 slots, 68 restaurants and bars and 272 hotel rooms. As the selected service provider for the Central Gaming Bundle in Ontario, Gateway will bring two more properties and one new planned build in Wasaga Beach or Collingwood to the Gateway portfolio when fully implemented. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, which has dramatically improved the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. This includes brands like Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley’s Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada.
Why Work For Us Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 26 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
The Position If you lead with passion for people and service, then we’ve got an amazing opportunity for you! At the heart of the casino, you’ll mentor your team to ensure the smooth functioning of cashiering activities and promote a flawless guest experience!
A Great Fit, if You Are dynamic, energetic, and can bring out the best from your team Are keen on details, can calculate numbers with precision, and work well with computers Take initiative to resolve issues and are punctual, reliable and diligent in everything you do Understand cashier operations, manage your time well, and juggle multiple tasks Are a night owl and benefit from working flexible hours, evenings, and weekends
- Supervises cashiering activities and cage operations; manages the performance of Cashiers through training, coaching, and feedback
- Ensures the integrity and accuracy of cage transactions and oversees large cash transaction procedures
- Verifies cashier opening and closing floats, authorizes cage transactions, reconciles chip and vault inventories, monitors cash and coin levels and requests bank orders
- Ensures a safe and well-organized department and oversees cage equipment maintenance
- Completes reports, investigations, periodic audits and reconciliations
- Manages process to deal with found money, postponed jackpots, unclaimed prizes
What You’ll Require
- 2 years of supervisory work experience or an equivalent combination of education, and experience preferred
- 1 year of experience as a casino Cashier preferred
- Supervisory/management/leadership training an asset
- Experience handling and balancing large amounts of cash with accuracy
- Good manual dexterity and ability to kneel and crouch
- Ability to pull, lift, and carry objects up to 35 lbs, and may push, pull or move a heavy cart
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Completion of courses/training required by regulators
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot cage machines
What Is Next Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 30 days of the posting date. Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
The Big Carrot Toronto, ON Today