Responsible for coordinating and carrying out activities related to various Airline Ground Handling needs and maintaining accurate and complete documentation while monitoring the ramp personnel for compliance with all Menzies Aviation Canada as well as local Customer Safety and security policies and procedures
Main accountabilities include:
- Move cargo on and off aircraft and transport it between aircraft, airport terminals, air cargo facilities, and other aircraft.
- Operate motorized equipment.
- Transportation of inbound and outbound cargo
- Read and interpret aircraft weight and balance loading instructions, hazardous material identification labels, aircraft loading manifests, and baggage and cargo routing tags.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Complete shift reports.
- Assist with facilitation of training of new Cargo Runners
- Assist in the baggage handling area.
- May occasionally operate various pieces of ground support equipment.
- Other duties as assigned
Key Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Computer proficient.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills..
- Ramp operation knowledge.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work flexible shift assignments.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age and legally able to work in Canada
- Computer literate, solid knowledge of MS Office as well as other related programs
- Previous airline/aviation operational knowledge is required
- Must be able to obtain and hold all required security clearances
- Must hold a valid provincial Driver’s License
- Must be able to obtain Ramp Driving Privileges
- Familiar with GOMs, Airline procedures, Airport procedures, Airport legislation
- Fully versed on SGHA concepts
KPI/SLA driven to meet customer expectations by delivering excellence
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- delivery driving: 1 year (preferred)
- Cargo: 1 year (preferred)
- General labor: 1 year (preferred)