Organization and Reporting:
YESTV is Canada's most-watched faith and family values station. As a religious broadcaster, we create a welcoming platform for the multitude of spiritual voices of Canadians to share messages of hope, justice, and values. YES TV is licensed and regulated by the CRTC as a not-for-profit religious channel, and an exclusively Canadian television station, available in 6.8 million homes across Canada.
The Traffic Coordinator reports directly to the Traffic Manager and works collaboratively with the Sales team and other members of the Traffic team.
This position contributes to the organization through the day-to-day coordination of commercial revenue and related material for YES TV as part of the Traffic team.
The traffic team works like a high-functioning unit responsible for fulfilling the expectations of the commercial customer, as well as regulatory and organizational requirements. Collectively this team is committed to efficiency and accuracy and believes this can be achieved through hard work in support of an organizational mission that is purposeful and fulfilling. We are looking for an individual who thrives in a team environment and is agreeable to the opportunity to assist in various areas of the department, filling in where needed and therefore assisting with multiple Broadcast Traffic functions.
- Backfill for log editors when needed.
- Assist with order processing.
- Responsible for post-editing of the regional logs and indieNET logs.
- Coordinate quality assurance of sales group codes to ensure accurate avails, logs, orders, and clearances prior to month-end processes (billing & CRTC).
- Assist with the generation and distribution of Post Clearance reports to Direct Response and Retail clients (via sales coordinator).
- Assist with last-minute log changes (as identified by MCR).
- Ensure that pull lists are clear of discrepancies on a daily basis.
- Assist Traffic Manager with any projects as needed.
- Assist with promo placement on logs.
- Assist with weekly bonus list.
- Other duties as required.
- Must have 2-3 years of Industry-related broadcast experience
- Familiarity with broadcast terminology
Required Technology Competencies:
- Proficiency in the use of Specialty Data Systems Traffic system / or other traffic systems.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Strong time management skills and work ethic, (highly motivated), to manage multiple accountabilities
- Problem Solver
- Goal-driven and self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines
- Strong Team Player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Committed to lifelong learning and developing skills
- Hybrid remote/in-office working environment
- Open office, friendly, and highly collaborative team environment.
- YES TV works closely with our partner company, Crossroads Christian Communications Inc., which shares our workspace. www.crossroads.ca
- Co-workers who are committed to the exceptional delivery of our services.
How to Apply:
- Applications must include a current resume and a cover letter that briefly explains why you feel you would be a good fit for this role and organization.
- We thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview opportunity will be contacted due to the volume of applications.
- Applications internally and externally will be considered.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12-15 months
Salary: From $45,000.00 per year
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
PPE is available at entrances and around the workspace.
- Traffic: 2 years (required)
Expected start date: 2022-10-17