Manion is a Canadian third-party administrator of health and pension benefits, providing specialty administration, consulting, and benefits delivery services to union groups and growing corporations. Our work makes it possible for more Canadians to live healthy lives.
We’re looking for a keen Benefits Processing Associate to join our close-knit team for a 8-month contract, and we hope our search ends now, with you. This role has a hybrid work arrangement, required to work on site in our Etobicoke office with flexibility to work from home a few days a week.
As this is the entry point to which Manion receives funds for its clients’ employees’ (we call them members!) welfare and pension plans as well as information about them to ensure they receive the benefits they are entitled to, we will rely on you to get data entered into our systems quickly and accurately. You therefore play a very critical role in our organization.
This is a thinking data entry position, where at times there is high volume of information being communicated to Manion from benefit plan employers who want to ensure that their employees receive the benefits they are entitled to in addition to ensure the cheques they have sent to us are properly allocated so that those benefits are paid for.
Being good with numbers, paying attention to detail and having excellent keyboarding skills, you will accurately enter employer deposit and member personal information and work history data to the correct accounts.
Being someone who takes ownership for their results, you are be able to meet deadlines and work well under pressure. This position sees peak volume periods, typically spanning the 3rd & 4th weeks of the month. During this time, you may be asked to work compensated overtime on occasion as mutually agreed upon with your Manager.
Being a team player, you work cohesively with your peers who are doing similar work, helping them when required and participating in a friendly work atmosphere.
You will be required to work professionally with all contacts including management, staff, clients and vendors while maintaining the confidentiality and security of client files and data, adhering to specific rules and standards in protecting all information. Additional duties involve filing, photocopying, helping with mass mailings, managing our forms inventory, new member package process, drug card process, eligibility feed file rejections, and custodian address changes, and other duties as assigned.
- Post Secondary Degree/ Diploma in a related field.
- Proven ability to data enter a high volume of information quickly and accurately.
- Must possess good customer service skills, be team oriented and cooperative with co-workers, consultants and departments
- Computer literate – working knowledge of Word and Excel and the ability to quickly learn corporate processing systems
- Demonstrated flair for detail, highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Strong organizational skills and able to meet deadlines
- Self motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
The Right Fit
We’re looking for more than just strong data entry skills and an aptitude for numbers. We want to find the right fit for our team. You’ll be a perfect fit if you have:
- Resilience – you know how to juggle deadlines and competing demands. When you’re under pressure, you rise to the occasion.
- Team mindset – you look for ways to pitch in, and work well with a variety of personalities. You reach out to peers and cooperate with supervisors to establish an overall positive and collaborative working relationship
- A positive attitude – our team is a positive, supportive group. When work is challenging, you’ll face it with optimism.
- Strong organization skills – since this is a busy position with multiple responsibilities, timelines and varying demands, you know how to track everything so that nothing is mishandled.
- People person – you build strong working relationships with different personalities quickly. People enjoy being around you.
- Curiosity & Innovation – you generate new and innovative approaches to problems. You ask questions and respectfully challenge current processes.
- Ability to Deliver the WOW! Factor – you expect personal performance to be nothing short of the best. You exhibit passion and excitement over your work and have a positive can-do attitude. You take ownership of the role and go above and beyond whatever it takes to get the job done!
Working @ Manion
This is a full-time permanent hybrid position. Your work week will be 37.5 hours a week, working weekdays for 7.5 hours daily, with occasional overtime. You will be required to work out of the Etobicoke office a few days per week. Our office is surrounded by amenities, and you’ll have free parking in our underground lot.
We have a very strong family-oriented culture. Our work is meaningful, connecting people to healthier lives. The biggest reason we love coming to work is that we love working together. That’s why finding the right fit is so important to us.
This is a fun, vibrant community to work in every day. We know each other by name, our social and wellness committees help us celebrate achievements, mark life events, and facilitate activities on a regular basis.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Want to be part of a rapidly growing company that is transforming the way Canadian's experience benefits? Apply now!
We thank everyone who applies to the Benefits Processing Associate role; however, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact candidates who have been selected for an interview.