Help us boldly shape retail in Canada
Canadian Tire Corporation’s (CTC) rich heritage of serving Canadians from coast-to-coast dates back to 1922. Our vision is to become the #1 retail brand in Canada and we are focused on innovating and making important investments in our business, especially when it comes to our people. To reach our goal, we need the best talent to help us evolve and drive change across the business – and boldly help shape Canada’s retail industry. As we strive to be at the forefront of a complex and vastly changing retail industry, it is an exciting time to join the Canadian Tire family of companies.
Inspiring Canadians to live healthy, active lives.
The inspiration begins with you.
At Sport Chek, we love sharing our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle and encourage others to bring their best by being leaders in our surrounding communities. As part of our team, you’ll join a wide network of like-minded colleagues, customers, and teams, and provide the best solutions for our customers by drawing on your first-hand expertise and experiences.
Store Operations Manager - Sport Chek
As an Operations Manager, you have a passion for sports and live an active lifestyle. You demonstrate a positive and engaged attitude when dealing with customers and employees and are responsible for leading the execution of sales support functions and teams supporting the overall operations of the store. You champion new procedures and processes, and deliver consistent execution of in store supply chain, cash operations, in-store ecommerce fulfillment and overall store operational effectiveness. The Operations Manager will facilitate training of store team members on store standard operating procedures and process improvements.
What you’ll do
- Ensure a high level of customer service by delivering the Five Star Solution customer service model
- Provide exceptional omni-channel experience by offering in-store eCommerce sales and fulfilling eCommerce orders within defined service levels
- Support the customer experience through timely processing and movement of inventory to the salesfloor
- Execute and maintain inventory accuracy processes and initiatives
- Implement, communicate and ensure compliance with all operating procedures, processes and policies
- Deliver performance metrics, process improvement and Lean techniques (how, when, who)
- Lead store inventory movement teams and support accuracy
- Manage scheduling and follow up of execution on shipping /receiving, eCommerce fulfillment operations, cash management, and operations systems & compliance
- Assists in preparation and execution of annual inventories.
- Follows and ensures compliance of all corporate LP, Cash and Audit, and OH&S policies and procedures.
- Responsible to assist in delivering annual corporate shrink targets through team education and enforcement of LP and audit standards, and inventory controls.
- Assumes responsibility for operations of the store
- Coach and develop store team, through setting expectations, communication, coaching, feedback and ongoing support
- Create development plans for staff; support and coach to improve any performance gaps and conducts ongoing coaching to improved team.
- Communicates in a clear and concise manner to team, leading effective huddles / meetings / coaching sessions.
- Completes and holds team accountable to complete required Triangle Learning Academy training within timeframes
- Facilitate and lead team meetings.
- Coaches team and leads in execution of Customer Experience, proactively provides resolution for all customer concerns.
- Maintaining a positive work environment for staff.
- Acts a brand ambassador, promoting our stores, programs, brands, and people internally and externally
- Effectively problem solve, delegate and follow-up on tasks assigned to team Members
- Follows the disciplinary process consistently and impartially.
- Validate schedules for department and monitor payroll daily to ensure payroll plans are met
- Promotes and maintains a positive and motivating work environment (safe, inclusive, and empowering)
- Develop and maintain a positive work environment for staff
- Complete opening and closing duties as part of manager on duty responsibilities
- Achieves sales goals and store order fulfillment metrics
- Delivers on Triangle loyalty program targets
- Shrink at or below target
- Payroll managed to plan
- Expenses managed to plan
What you bring
- Proven ability to coach, mentor and develop department team and store team, through setting expectations, communication, coaching, feedback and ongoing support
- Proven ability to build and manage a daily game plan for the store
- Exceptional communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Superior training and mentoring skills
- Experience in an operational management role
- 3-5 years retail experience required
- High energy, enthusiasm and a drive to succeed
- Fundamental computer skills an asset
At Sport Chek, we pride ourselves on having our jobs be an extension of our lifestyle, with a flexible schedule of work and play. Sport Chek is Canada’s largest active lifestyle retailer, with over 150 stores from coast to coast.
Ready to join our team and inspire others to live healthy active lives? Apply today!
Canadian Tire and its family of companies are boldly shaping retail in Canada and we continue to deliver a positive experience for our customers. As one of the most trusted brands in Canada, our employees take pride in the work we do across the country. It’s more than the iconic triangle that keeps our employees around. From benefits and perks, to learning and development opportunities, to our commitment to Jumpstart – these are some of the many reasons why Canadian Tire Corporation is one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
To learn more about this team and the Canadian Tire family of companies follow us on LinkedIn.
Canadian Tire is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees -- their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Work Location: One location